Thursday 17 December 2009

Hitman Character switch

While developing the Hitman character, questioned whether having both me and Josh develop the characters in two different programmes would result in unpleasant effects when animating or rigging. As I mentioned on the group blog, i imported the Hitman character which was modelled in Zbrush in to Maya just to get an understanding of how tall the Hitman would be in comparison to the Ninja. The first problem I discovered would was that the topology was not similar to that of a model done in Maya, in order for me to fix this problem i would have to re-topologize the whole mesh of the Hitman. If do decide to do that it would be similar to me starting from scratch and modelling the Hitman again. The second problem I found was that the clothes were not extruding out of the Hitman body without the body deforming. I don’t blame Zbrush for these problems; it’s the way I approached modelling the character in Zbrush without knowing the correct pipeline for moving between Zbrush and Maya when modelling the characters. Hopefully through time I will learn the correct method of moving meshes across two different software packages. I know it’s not impossible as the industry use these pipeline everyday when given project to complete, this is something that I would have to look in to my own time. And hopefully when i do feel confident enough to fully understand the method of modelling in Zbrush and Maya, I would then say I would be able to model any character given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment